Friday 21 October 2011

The Making Has Begun....


Fabric has been screen printed with a Cherry Red Pigment, the fabric has been dipped into a Acid Fushia dye bath for 1 minute. (This was to acheive such a pale pink). The base fabric is Calico. I machine stitched along the seam edge, leaving a gap 2 inchs wide to turn it the right way around. I then stuffed it with basic stuffing (If i was to make this for the market I would stuff it with completely dry sand). I then closed the gap by using a slip stitch. Please follow this link for a book that helped me make my Pincushions: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bags-Pillows-Pincushions-Projects-Gardens/dp/0470887079/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319201208&sr=8-1. This book has helped me a great deal and I recommend it for someone who needs a helping hand making pincushions, bags or pillows.


An phone holder - same size as an iPhone.





A pillow stuffed with a cherry scent.



A basic Tote Bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment